We are now seeking applications for the role of Packhouse Quality Supervisor.
Reporting to the Packhouse Manager, your day to day duties will include supervision of grading operations and phytosanitary/quality control; providing and maintaining grade stardards and training of new grading staff members. You will also work closely with the Packing Supervisor to help meet quality and throughput targets.
We work in a highly dynamic, changeable environment where no two days of work are the same. You will be given full support and training to be successful in this role.
This position is starting immediately as a casual, before bumping up to approximately 45hours per week from February to June, after which the hours drop back down to casual.
Duties within our Supervisory roles include:
• Supervision of staff and ensuring correct processes and procedures are being adhered to at all times
• Ensure Health and Safety and compliance requirements are met
• Identification of areas for improvement to ensure efficient operations
• Training and assessment of team members
• Ability to work under pressure in a highly changeable environment
• Deliver ‘hands on’ support to your team as and when required
Ideally, candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Proven experience within a similar role or industry
• Able to motivate and engage a team on a daily basis
• Good literacy and documentation skills
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow processes and procedures
• Have excellent interpersonal skills to be able to direct a team
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Be able to make informed decisions with Management support where necessary
Remuneration will be dependent on experience.
All applicants must be a New Zealand Resident or have a valid New Zealand work visa.