We are now taking applications for either an experienced Phytosanitary Inspector or Quality Controller.
The main role of a Phytosanitary Inspector/Quality Controller is the continuous inspection of packed product, checking that it meets regulatory specifications and is within exporter quality parameters. You will be working with another Phytosanitary Inspector and provide feedback and guidance to packing staff to ensure grade standards are met.
We work in a highly dynamic, changeable environment where no two days of work are the same. You will be given full support and training to be successful in this role.
This position is up to 45hours per week from late February to June. There may also be an option for casual work beyond June.
To be successful in this role candidates must be able to demonstrate:
• Proven experience within a similar role or industry
• Able to motivate and engage a team on a daily basis
• Good literacy and documentation skills
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow processes and procedures
• Have excellent interpersonal skills to be able to direct a team
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
Remuneration will be dependent on experience.
All applicants must be a New Zealand Resident or have a valid New Zealand work visa.